“We receive unmanageable amounts of information via social media during a disruption which is difficult to respond to in a timely manner.”
The solution? Meet, “Mima”.
We designed and built “Mima” with DfT and Virgin Trains, a chatbot that conducts data analysis and prioritises information, ensuring that safety and security issues are not lost among the high volume of messages that transport providers receive. The bot responds to an assortment of questions automatically at the discretion of the customer services team.
Benefits for the customer included:
- Faster response times, particularly during disruption
- High priority messages are not missed
- Accurate and coherent information provided from only one channel
- Improvement to the way that disruption is managed and communicated
- Increased customer satisfaction!
For more information on the details of the project, click here (PDF).